Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Just what I needed.

I find that when I try to do God's job, I work myself in to a frenzy. There's nothing more exhausting than several sleepless nights, several worrisome days, and a nagging feeling that you're not making any progress. Well...why do I do it then?

I read a quote from Joyce Meyer one time that went something like this: Worry is like rocking in a rocking chair. It keeps you busy, but you don't get anywhere. That seems to be the theme of my week so far. But....

Just when I started to believe that God was not listening to my heart's cry, He comes through with a word that is loud and clear. I guess, if I had been looking in the right places, I may have found his voice several days ago, and saved myself a lot and time and turmoil. But...

Just when I needed to hear it most...God said "Let go". What a relief! He CAN handle the things that I can't. He CAN take care of those I love. He makes a way where there seems to be none, He parts the sea just when the enemy appears to be closing in.

Thank you Lord...for all those things you do...that are just what I need.

Luke 12:29-31 (New Living Translation)
“And don’t be concerned about what to eat and what to drink. Don’t worry about such things. These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment