Sunday, December 2, 2012

Chasing After You

One of my new favorite songs is called "Chasing After You (The Morning Song) by Tye Tribbett. I have listened to this song so many times that I don't care to try to guess just how many times.  The thought of chasing something or someone for your entire life sounds a bit exhausting, but in this case it only makes sense.  Tye is referring to chasing after God each and every day, and not being satisfied with yesterday's portion.

Jesus told us the those who hunger and thirst for righteousness shall be filled and I kind of like to add "will keep being filled as they keep hungering for more". I think of being a God-chaser as being a person who hungers and thirst for righteousness. The wonderful thing about hungering for God or chasing after God is that HE captures YOU when YOU chase HIM. In Phillippians 3:12-14 Paul talks about laying hold of the things that Christ Jesus has laid hold of for me and pressing toward the prize.  It's hard to put in to words what this means, but I think Tye Tribbett translated it best in his song with these words " I will apprehend, until I'm captured by what I'm after". Wow!  I love that!

And this is what the Lord has whispered to me about chasing Him and being captured:

When I chase God, He captures me. And when He captures me, I AM FREE!

There's nothing like being free!!!

Thank you Lord, for this wonderful cat and mouse game we play.  I chase you, you chase me and the end result is that I can live in freedom as I live in You! 


Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. John 8:36


Link to Tye Tribbett's song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrDqi7HQzUc

No comments:

Post a Comment