Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gving Thanks

There are so many things to be thankful for, that as cliche as it sounds, every day should be a day of thanks.  I have been blessed with a wonderful, but not perfect family, and thankfully they have been blessed with the patience to put up with a not perfect me.  I have been blessed with many mentors in my life.  People who I look up to; people who inspire me to use my gifts and my resources to help others.  I have been blessed with good health, and a sound mind.  I have been blessed with provision and a safe place to call home.  I have been blessed with friends who laugh when I laugh and cry when I cry and make me realize that friendship is worth the effort you put in to it.  I have been blessed with memories of days that where spent with loved ones that are no longer here, and hope that I will be with them again some day. 

No greater love have I been blessed with, than knowing Jesus Christ as my savior.  He is the cornerstone on which my life is built.  I fail Him, but He always welcomes me back with arms of love and mercy.  The Bible tells us to give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for us in Christ Jesus. When I was a child my grandmother taught me a simple prayer and today seems a fitting day to recite it:

                                                Thank you for the world so sweet,
                                                Thank you for the food we eat,
                                                Thank you for the birds that sing,
                                                Thank you God for everything.

                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment