Saturday, March 12, 2011

Spring forward!

I always carry on about how much I love fall, and I do.  I love the colors, the smells, the relief of cool crisp air after a hot humid summer. I love bonfires and pumpkin patches.  I love just about everything about fall.  But after the beauty of fall fades, then comes a long hard winter.  This year has been especially hard.  Very cold, lots of snow and many days with no sunshine.  

We had a wonderful sunny, breezy spring day today. Tonight also happens to be the night we spring forward to daylight savings time. I guess the sunshine made me think of moving forward; of letting go of the harsh winter and looking forward to the wonder of spring. The best part of spring is that it brings the promise of new life.  The grass has already starting turning green and some of my bulbs are starting to poke through the flower bed.  I'm looking forward to warmer weather, more sunshine, and the end of cold wintery days. 

In my own life, I feel like I have had several years of winter.  Looking back is still painful, which means that looking forward is the best thing for me.  I will look forward to the promise of new life; the promise of hope and purpose.  The promise that placing my future in the hands of the living God will bring new life for me.  It's time to press forward and leave the past behind.  Yes, some of the past will always be with me, but I can only move forward if I leave old things behind.  HE makes all things new. 

Lord, help me to remember that the future belongs to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment