Thursday, September 23, 2010

Personality

So Pastor Doug spoke last night on the resources we use to walk in the gifts that God has placed in us.  He used the word SHAPE to illustrate what he was saying.  S=spiritual gifts. H=heart. A=abilities. P=personality E=experience.  The most intriguing part of the message was his descriptions of the different personality traits.  The Lion, the Otter, the Golden Retriever and the Beaver.  On our way home, Bo and I discussed which personality traits we had and then we discussed other people's personality types.  Oh my, I am amazed at the issues I have with certain personality types.  (I shouldn't get in to that!)  Let's just say that the Lion in me rares up when I see people who have so much, run from helping others.  I also pondered the personalities of my children...so different from each other that I wonder how they could have been raised in the same home.  Yet God, in his wisdom, has chosen us to do His work, no matter what our personality type.  He has placed gifts, abilities, passion and experience in each of us so that we can accomplish His purpose for us. 

Help me Lord to flow with my gifts, to never judge another persons weakness or strength. Help me to be who YOU have called me to be. Help me to use every resource to be the best "me" I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment