Monday, September 20, 2010

Watch your tongue

I worked all day today, which is not my favorite thing to do.  It's not that it's hard, it's not that I mind getting up, it's not that I don't like the boss or the people I work with.  I just don't like my job.  I don't like sitting at a desk all day and I especially don't like that I don't feel productive.  I want to make a difference...and pushing a pencil for a big insurance company is not my idea of making a difference.  So...after work I visited Bo's cousin, Sandy. She has suffered many health problems in her life and the only thing I did was listen to her woes and remind her that she can only do so much.  I encouraged her to leave the things she can not change to God and to watch what she says.  She kept telling me that she wouldn't be here long and that she spends too much money on medicine and that nothing they do makes her better.  I quoted her the scripture that the power of life and death were in her tongue.  I need to heed this advice also...the power of life and death....sobering thought.  Help me Lord to watch my tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment